Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Understanding, Obtaining, and Leveraging the SBA’s 8(a) Certification
Course Number: Gov 216
Format: webinar recording
Duration: approx. 90 minutes
Presenter: Steven Koprince
NCMA Certifications: 1.5 CPEs
APTAC CPP Certification: 0.75 ATC
APTAC CPP BOK: C.3 Representations and Certifications; C.17 Socio-Economic Programs (Core)
The SBA’s 8(a) Business Development Program may be the single most powerful socioeconomic preference program available to government contractors. Combining hands-on business development assistance with powerful opportunities to receive set-aside and sole source contracts, the 8(a) Program is the government’s primary vehicle to boost the prospects of small, disadvantaged businesses.
In this session, government contracts attorney Steven Koprince provides an overview of the nuts and bolts of 8(a) Program eligibility and participation, including:
* 8(a) application and admission statistics- why 2017 may be a good year to apply.
* Social eligibility criteria (contrary to common misconception, 8(a) program eligibility is not limited to minority-owned businesses).
* Economic eligibility criteria- net worth and income requirements.
* The “two years in business” rule and other “potential for success” requirements.
* Other eligibility criteria and common application mistakes.
* What to expect in the application process.
* Maintaining ongoing 8(a) eligibility – key considerations.
* Is the 8(a) program right for me? Business considerations.
If you’ve thought about applying to the 8(a) program, but aren’t sure whether to take the next steps, this course is for you.
Target Audience: Small business owners